Monday, July 9, 2012

11 Days... and COUNTING!

I can hardly believe how fast the last ALMOST two weeks have gone by considering everything...

I haven't had a drink in 11 days. 

This is HUGE... the longest I've gone without a drink in the past... well, I don't even know how long I've been drinking constantly... anyway, the longest I've gone without a drink was probably one day, I may have hit the 48 hour mark (or close to it) before I bought another bottle. None of that was by choice I should point out. It would have been the super hubby telling me "We can't afford to buy any booze tonight, so what's there is it."

I've been known to roll change, borrow money from my children (my KIDS, seriously, what the hell kind of example was I setting for them?!?!?!) and willingly overdraw accounts and probably have knowingly bounced checks because I needed to drink.

I can only imagine what our bank account will start whispering after it realizes the strain it has been carrying has been lessened.

I feel amazingly good.

The bath I took after my last post was great, I didn't feel any different after the bath (aside from the fact that I also took the opportunity to shave my legs, so there's that) but by the next morning I felt good, better than I had since I quit drinking. Then we had a fun filled day with the family on the 4th and headed out the next morning for our 4 day long family camping trip. That's another blog in itself.

We got home yesterday around lunch time and spent the rest of the day cleaning up, unpacking, doing laundry and just generally resting from the trip... we needed a vacation from our vacation, haha.

Today I woke up feeling energized, it was like someone hit my RESET button.

I got up, I started a load of laundry, made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, got the boys both doing their chores (Oldest son doing dishes, youngest son folding laundry), then the boys went off to play with boy-next-door2, while I worked on doing more laundry (washing it in the machine, hanging it on the line to dry, then bringing it in as it dried and putting it on the couch), I even managed to work on stabilizing the clothes line (had to dig out some of the SAND from the area it was in and add some of the CLAY from the other side of the yard... seems to be working well so far!)... I also managed to clean the house, edit photos from our camping trip and get those uploaded to Facebook so friends and family could see them (I'll show you some when I get a chance to blog about our trip, may take a few posts haha), in addition to all this, I also worked in the garden a bit and kept the kids under control without losing my cool OR craving a drink! Hubby was pleasantly surprised when he got home :)

I haven't craved a drink for 3 days.... though I did have a dream that I had been sober for a number of years and slipped up by drinking a shot sized mixed drink, spent the rest of my dream upset because I had to start over being sober again. I felt guilty about it when I woke up, and it's been on my mind all day. It made me more determined NOT to drink anymore.

I still can hardly believe it's been 11 days. It's flown by and I don't know how it managed to pass so quickly! Thanks go out to everyone I've been venting and talking to CONSTANTLY about all of this for the past almost 2 weeks, I'm sure you're getting sick of hearing about alcohol and my awakening, but it's helped immensely for me to know that I have a handful of people I can lean on when I need it.... I'm still working up the courage to face everyone else who knows me with all of this... that's the hardest part.

No comments: