Monday, August 20, 2012

It's My Anniversary! 6 Years Of Bliss!

6 years ago today, I left an abusive husband, packed up my 2 kids and my very pregnant self, despite because of his death threats and left.

I had no idea where I was going, or what I was going to do, but I did it, and I don't know where we would be if I hadn't made that decision.I remember the 1 year anniversary of this day. It hit me like a ton of bricks how much my life had changed, how much of a stronger person I had become because of my decision to leave.My oldest children have not seen their father in almost 4 years, and after finding out he was being investigated for child sexual abuse a few months ago, I doubt he will ever see them again (until they are old enough to legally make the decision for themselves).

The last thing I ever wanted, was to cut my ex out of our kids lives. I always thought he was a good dad, until after we separated and his true self started to come out. He has never ceased to amaze me with the crap he tries to pull. I'm constantly on guard and suffer post traumatic stress disorder because of him now. Luckily my husband is amazing, and he supports me in every way possible.

I don't know where my kids or I would be without this man.

No comments: